The Fundraising Page of Bill Lindsay
A Message From Bill Lindsay
Following my retirement from the position as city manager for the City of Richmond, I embarked on a new challenge as a member of the Board of Directors for RCF Connects (formerly known as the Richmond Community Foundation), and I now serve as Treasurer for this excellent non-profit, community-based organization.
My work during the past several years has confirmed my belief that RCF continues to stand out as the organization with the broadest mission and with the committed, talented staff to achieve this mission. With a focus on restoring neighborhoods, community growth, education, health equity, and public safety, RCF Connects manages multiple programs and initiatives that support and empower community members and that are helping to make systemic changes to promote equity in Richmond and all of Contra Costa County. Among its many ongoing efforts are:
- Providing direct financial support for other non-profit organizations doing important and effective work in the community;
- Creating partnerships with the City of Richmond and others to utilize innovative social impact bonds to help eliminate blight;
- Securing federal, state, and local grants to transform distressed neighborhoods;
- Creating and overseeing programs to assist first time homebuyers;
- Serving as a catalyst to effectively implement economic development initiatives in Richmond’s burgeoning downtown area;
- Using its resources and talent to embark on a program to develop opportunities and to support Black women and girls in Contra Costa County;
- Assisting to manage a project to bring electric car share programs to underserved communities in Richmond; and
- Leveraging its organizational talents to train community-based organizations in grant writing and fund development.
These are just several examples of the variety of ways that I have observed firsthand where RCF achieves important work. RCF never says “no” when asked to assist with an important community need; and RCF provides that assistance in a nurturing way that neither takes over nor seeks credit.
Please join me in supporting RCF Connects so that it can continue to expand its already significant impact in Richmond and in the broader Contra Costa community.
About This Campaign
RCF Connects (previously the Richmond Community Foundation)would like to send our most positive thoughts of health, safety, and overall wellness to you and your loved ones!
As the severity of the global pandemic fell upon us, and our communities endured weeks of violence and unrest, RCF knew we had to take hold of the opportunity and firmly rededicate to our mission, staff, and community. Inspired by the consistent resilience of our communities we are determined to uphold our promise of accountability to Contra Costa County. Our organizational focus remains on power building, systems change, and mobilizing the power of connection to build a healthy, thriving community. Equity is our guiding North Star as we humbly learn how to weave it into the fibers of our infrastructure and plant deep into the heart and soul of RCF Connects.
At its core mission, RCF Connects seeks systematic change that eliminates biased policies, practices, and attitudes that are root causes of inequity. By creating spaces for connection, initiatives for contribution, and empowerment through coaching, we are prioritizing our efforts around: Restoring Neighborhoods, Community Growth, Quality Education, Health, and Public Safety.
Human connection and healthy expression is necessary in thriving communities, plus, we at RCF Connects know that within our communities, we love to tell stories! You are invited to our Power Shift: Sharing Wealth virtual storytelling fundraiser! We hope you join us for the opportunity to build broader awareness for RCF Connects' incredible work as well as raise unrestricted funds to support ongoing sustainability for all our RCF programs. Please consider donating to our Connecting Community Through Storytelling Campaign today! All who contribute to the Connecting Community Through Storytelling Campaign will be automatically registered for our Power Shift: Sharing Wealth storytelling fundraiser and will receive the access link in a follow up email!