Richmond Housing Renovation Program
About This Campaign
The Richmond Housing Renovation Program reclaims boarded up, abandoned homes in the City of Richmond. Supported by the nations first social impact bond, purchased by Mechanics Bank in 2016, the program acquires, rebuilds and then sells these homes to local first-time home buyers. The program has had an incredible impact on the community, and to help the program continue to grow,
Mechanics Bank has issued a Matching Grant Challenge.
• Create clean, safe and decent housing
• Provide opportunities for first-time home-buyers through SparkPoint
• Stabilize neighborhoods
• Increase neighborhood home ownership rates
• Reduced code enforcement costs and police calls for service
• 9 properties reclaimed and sold to local first-time
• 5 additional properties under construction.
• Local Spending – $6,500,000
• Code Enforcement Fees and Property Taxes Paid –
• Reduced Code Enforcement Costs – $350,000
Help us make home-ownership a realty for more families in our community!
raised of $200,000 goal
Location / Venue
- 1014 Florida AVE
- Suite 220
- Richmond, CA 94804
Campaign to Support Richmond Community Foundation
Richmond Community Foundation continues to strive for healthy, thriving communities that are safe and diverse: where families flourish and children are given new hope for a bright and abundant future through five key areas: Community Growth, Health, Quality Education, Restoring Neighborhoods and Public Safety.
Kit Pappenheimer gave a $500 donationSuch a great program ! Honored to support it and those of you making it happen!
Donna Walton gave a $50 donation
Gilberto Cooper gave a donation
James Becker gave a $100 donationDedication In Memory of: Peter Sedor